The Corporate Refugee Startup Guide has been created for people that have a burning desire to launch their own startup and have become disillusioned with working for traditional organizations.
- These people tend to be highly self-motivated, exhibit strong creative skills, embrace change and possess a significant solution-orientation.
- These individuals are ready to make the leap into their own startup.
- They typically already have a startup idea, but are savvy enough to know that they need guidance to avoid critical missteps.
- They are finally ready to move from being a wantrepreneur, someone who has an idea but doesn't launch, to an entrepreneur, who launches a startup.
- They typically have family and financial obligations that need to be considered before they launch their business.
- They want to familiarize themselves with proven processes by thousands of successful startups.
This book will not sugarcoat the entrepreneurial journey. It is a practical step-by-step guide that will provide you with insider startup secrets from an assembled team of world-class entrepreneurs, angel investors, startup accelerator executives, academics, attorneys and more.
Interviews and guest authors have launched, grown, coached, mentored, managed and invested over $1.5 billion in startups.
Some of the the experts you will learn from include:
- Brad Feld, Co-Founder of Techstars & Foundry Group
- Howard Tullman, CEO of 1871 (the largest startup incubator in North America)
- Troy Henikoff, Managing Director of MATH Venture Partners
- Peter Wilkins, Executive Director of Hyde Park Angels
- Hank Barry, former CEO of Napster
- Troy Vosseller, Co-Founder of gener8tor
- Chris Cain, Attorney at Foley & Lardner
You will explore the critical 12 steps
that have been identified from assessing your entrepreneurial motivations all the way through launching your startup.
Step 1 - Assessing your True Motivations
Step 2 - Validating your Startup Idea & Building Your Business Model
Step 3 - Preparing your Family for the Journey
Step 4 - Transitioning from Corporate to your Startup
Step 5 - Branding and Marketing Your Startup
Step 6 - Law School for Your Startup
Step 7 - Raising Capital for Your Startup
Step 8 - Pitching Your Startup
Step 9 - Building Your Startup Team
Step 10 - Creating Your Launch Plan & Beta
Step 11 - Cash Flowing Your Startup
Step 12 - Preparing to Pivot again and again